Idaho Golf Association
- Nick Travers and Kyle Mitsunaga Advance Through US Open Local Q
May 15, 2018
- Team Idaho Rallies in Singles to take Third at 2018 PNGA Cup
May 9, 2018
- IGA Launches IdahoJuniorTour.org
May 1, 2018
- IGA Announces 54 Holes Idaho Junior Amateur
February 22, 2018
- IGA Names Taylor Judy as Tournament Director
February 14, 2018
- IGA Unveils New Logos
February 9, 2018
- IGA Names New Executive Director
January 3, 2018
- Black and Hibler Win IGA Mixed Alternate Shot For the First Time
October 16, 2017
- 2017 IGA Tournament of Champions Finish With Tough Conditions
October 8, 2017
- Round One of IGA Tournament of Champions Complete
October 7, 2017
The Idaho Golf Association (IGA) was founded in 1969 with the goal of being an all-encompassing umbrella organization for amateur golf in Idaho. The mission of the IGA is to promote the best interest of amateur golf, by providing course rating and handicapping service to member clubs; conducting championships; providing playing opportunities for all members; educating golfers; and protecting the spirit of the game. The IGA is comprised of nearly 16,500 members and approximately 85 member clubs.
The IGA is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of nine men and women who serve three year terms. Operations are administered by three full-time employees and P.J. Boatwright Interns. Fourteen state championships and five USGA qualifiers are conducted each year in addition to over 40 events on the IGAJ Junior Tour.
The staff of the Idaho Golf Association, albeit small, will collectively provide customer service to both individual members and member clubs of the IGA to ensure that all benefits of membership are being delivered in a professional manner. This includes overseeing the IGA’s statewide network of computers and acting as the support vehicle for inquiries on the USGA Handicap System and GHIN software. Staff will assist the Championship Committee with the Amateur State Championships and serve as the statewide authority on the Rules of Golf. Staff also conducts and/or co-facilitates the various USGA qualifiers for their national championship.