Idaho Golf Association
- State Am Champ Colby Dean Adds US Amateur Qualifier to Resume
July 17, 2018
- Bicknese, Garcia Punch Their Tickets to U.S. Junior Ams
June 26, 2018
- Dean Captures 2018 State Am
June 25, 2018
- Dean Remains the Leader After State Am Day 2, Cross Makes His Way Into the Picture
June 23, 2018
- Colby Dean Leads State Amateur Field by 5 Strokes After Day One
June 22, 2018
- Idaho Junior Tour Kicks Off 2018 Season
June 14, 2018
- 2018 Mixed Alternate Shot in the Books
June 4, 2018
- Bayley Wins 2018 Match Play Championship in a Rematch of Last Year’s Final
May 31, 2018
- 2018 Four-Ball Champions Crowned
May 22, 2018
- Travers and Mitsunaga Advance Through US Open Local Qualifier
May 15, 2018
The Idaho Golf Association (IGA) was founded in 1969 with the goal of being an all-encompassing umbrella organization for amateur golf in Idaho. The mission of the IGA is to promote the best interest of amateur golf, by providing course rating and handicapping service to member clubs; conducting championships; providing playing opportunities for all members; educating golfers; and protecting the spirit of the game. The IGA is comprised of nearly 16,500 members and approximately 85 member clubs.
The IGA is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of nine men and women who serve three year terms. Operations are administered by three full-time employees and P.J. Boatwright Interns. Fourteen state championships and five USGA qualifiers are conducted each year in addition to over 40 events on the IGAJ Junior Tour.
The staff of the Idaho Golf Association, albeit small, will collectively provide customer service to both individual members and member clubs of the IGA to ensure that all benefits of membership are being delivered in a professional manner. This includes overseeing the IGA’s statewide network of computers and acting as the support vehicle for inquiries on the USGA Handicap System and GHIN software. Staff will assist the Championship Committee with the Amateur State Championships and serve as the statewide authority on the Rules of Golf. Staff also conducts and/or co-facilitates the various USGA qualifiers for their national championship.