Volunteer Opportunities in Golf
On this page is our repository of golf-related volunteer opportunities from around the Pacific Northwest. Check back soon, as more will be posted as they become available! Please click here for more information on submitting volunteer opportunities.
- Details: Several facilities are hosting local qualifying for the 2017 Drive, Chip & Putt Championship and they need your help! A joint initiative founded in 2013 by the Masters Tournament, United States Golf Association and The PGA of America, the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship is a free nationwide junior golf development competition aimed at growing the game by focusing on the three fundamental skills employed in golf.
Mount Si Golf Course, June 25, 2017. For more information and to get involved, contact:
Brandon Proudfoot, PGA
Lake Padden Golf Course, June 27, 2017. For more information and to get involved, contact:
Josh Fish, PGA
- Date: July 16, 2017
- Location: Meadow Park Golf Course, Tacoma, WA
- Details: Join Special Olympics Washington for the Southwest Regional Golf Tournament on July 16th at Meadow Park Golf Course in Tacoma, WA. We need volunteers for a morning shift (7:15am-12:00pm) and an afternoon shift (11:30am-5:00pm).
Events like these are dependent on volunteers like you!
To register for Summer Games, please click the link to the online volunteer application: https://sowaswgolftournament2017.my-trs.com/
If you have a large group you would like to register, please email email@example.com for more information.
- Dates: August 21-27, 2017 | Location: TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, Snoqualmie, WA
- Volunteer Details: When you volunteer for the Boeing Classic, you will rub elbows with the legends of golf on the PGA TOUR Champions, you will be front and center of the action, all while taking in the breathtaking views of The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge, then top it off with new Cutter & Buck gear! There are 19 volunteer committees to choose from.
- Volunteer Rate: $95.00
- Volunteer package: Two Cutter & Buck Golf Shirts, One Cutter & Buck Jacket, One Cap or Visor, Two Weekly Admission Passes to the Boeing Classic, One Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- More Details: Click here to register and for more information on marshaling duties and available shifts. Or visit www.boeingclassic.com for more information about the tournament.
- Dates: August 21-27, 2017
- Location: Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, Witch Hollow Course | North Plains, OR
- Volunteer package: Up to (2) WinCo Foods Portland Open Logo Nike shirts depending on how many days are worked, (1) WinCo Foods Portland Open Logo Nike jacket, (1) WinCo Foods Portland Open Logo Nike hat, Volunteer credential – good all week, (1) weekly ticket for guest, Invite to the volunteer party, Meals while working
- Volunteer Info: The WinCo Foods Portland Open hosted at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club is seeking individuals to join their Volunteer Team. Take your pick from our exciting opportunities to get up close to the world’s best golfers.
Walk inside the ropes as a Standard Bearer as players battle it out for their PGA TOUR card or volunteer in the Hospitality Suites and spend your day on Witch Hollow’s famed Par-5 18th hole. For another way to get up close and personal, volunteer at the Witch Hollow practice area as 156 elite golfers prepare for the most important rounds of their careers.
- More Details: for more information, click here or contact:
Mariko Tumangan, Tournament Coordinator
- Dates: August 28-Sept 3, 2017
- Location: Columbia Edgewater Country Club | Portland, Ore.
- Volunteer package: Adidas Golf Shirt (marshal uniform), Free Parking, Admission to the tournament and 1 guest pass for all tournament days, Access to the volunteer tent overlooking the practice facility, Fresh coffee and donuts each morning, Daily lunch from a rotation of providers, including some of Portland’s best food trucks, Invitation to the volunteer party (featuring refreshments provided by Salty’s)
- Volunteer Info: The 2017 Cambia Portland Classic has openings for marshals and other volunteer positions. Marshaling provides a rare opportunity to be inside the ropes with the best women golfers in the world. Additionally, volunteers are an essential part of the longest running professional golf tournament in the Pacific Northwest. Since 1972, the tournament has worked to raise needed funds for local children’s charities. Tournament Golf Foundation (TGF), the non-profit organization that conducts the LPGA event, is committed to providing a memorable experience for all who volunteer. Marshals are needed Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Aug 31-Sept 3). You must sign up for at least three shifts and uniforms are mandatory.
- Volunteer Rate: $28.
- More Details: To register, and for more information on marshaling duties and available shifts, visit portlandclassic.com or contact Tournament Golf Foundation at 503-626-2711 and ask for Jeanne Dahl or Suzanne Johansen.
- Dates: September 11 – 17, 2017 | Location: Bear Mountain Resort, Victoria, B.C.
- Volunteer Details: The Pacific Links Bear Mountain Championship relies on the support and loyalty of over 600 volunteers to deliver a world-class event. Volunteers are required in a variety of committees, assignments and positions, and consist of avid golfers, fans of the game and people looking for a fun and exciting experience. We recognize that you, the volunteers, are vital to the success of the event. Volunteers are accepted and assigned on a first registered first served basis, after payment in full has been received. Some committees will also consider specific experience/skills. We look forward to welcoming you to the second PGA TOUR Champions event held in Victoria, B.C. and together making this tournament an unconditional success.
- Volunteer Rate: Adult $49 + tax; Junior $25 + tax.
- Volunteer package:Volunteer Credential allowing access to the Championship Grounds, Wednesday – Sunday. Two (2) transferable tickets to the Pacific Links Championship (good for any day). Official Pacific Links Championship Volunteer Golf Shirt. Official Pacific Links Championship outerwear piece. Official Pacific Links Championship golf cap or visor. Souvenir program. Complimentary parking. Continental breakfast and lunch provided on days volunteered. Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party (post-tournament).
- Point of Contact:
- Leslie Crawford, Volunteer Chairwoman
Brad Parkins, Tournament Director
- REGISTER ONLINE TODAY TO JOIN THIS INCREDIBLE TEAM!
- Dates: 2017 season | Locations: across the Pacific Northwest (PNGA) and Washington State (WSGA, USGA qualifiers)
- Volunteers Needed: Forecaddie, Live Scoring/Pace of Play, Player Registration, Rules Official, Scoring Table/Scoreboard, Starter (a staff member will provide instruction and be available for questions during the events).
- Volunteer Appreciation Program: The Pacific Northwest Golf Association (PNGA) and the Washington State Golf Association (WSGA) have partnered to administer a Championship Volunteer Incentive Program. The incentive based program is designed to recognize those who volunteer their time and skills at PNGA and WSGA Championships as well as USGA Qualifiers.
Number of Days Spent Volunteering:
- 1 – 5 Days: Embroidered association hat
- 6 – 10 Days: Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation/Training Day in the Spring of each season at The Home Course, which will include a golf outing, awards and lunch
- 11 – 15 Days: Embroidered association shirt
- 16 – 20 Days: Embroidered association coat
- 21+ Days: Entered into a year-end drawing for a golf stay ‘n play package
- Point of Contact: For more information, please visit the above links or contact Scotty Crouthamel, Senior Director of Rules and Competition.
Interested in posting a volunteer opportunity on this page? Please submit your name, email, and a brief description of the event below, and someone will get back to you soon.