Volunteer Opportunities in Golf
On this page is our repository of golf-related volunteer opportunities from around the Pacific Northwest. Check back soon, as more will be posted as they become available! Please click here for more information on submitting volunteer opportunities.
- Dates: July 24-27, 2018
- Event: 105th Canadian Women’s Amateur
- Location: Marine Drive Golf Club | Vancouver, B.C.
- Volunteer Package: Volunteers receive a tournament hat, shirt and lunch.
- More Details: Over a century old and with more than 100 titles contested, the Canadian Women’s Amateur Championship is among the oldest golfing competitions in Canada and has spawned a long list of great champions who have gone on to see international success. Past winners have included Dawn-Coe Jones, A.J. Eathorne, past Marine Drive member Marilyn (Palmer) O’Connor and current LPGA star Brooke Henderson who won the event in 2013 to raise the coveted Duchess of Connaught Gold Cup – presented annually to the Women’s Amateur Champion. See a strong International field of golfers (in 2017, 20 of the world’s top 100 players competed), and be a part of one of Canada’s longest-running national championships.
- Dates: August 6-9, 2018
- Event: 114th Canadian Men’s Amateur
- Location: Duncan Meadows GC & Pheasant Glen GR | on Vancouver Island, B.C.
- Volunteer Package: Volunteers receive a championship-logo’d shirt, Golf Canada hat and lunches the days that are worked.
- More Details: There is no amateur golf championship in Canada with a richer history than the Canadian Men’s Amateur Championship. More than a century old, the Amateur was first contested as one of the newly formed Royal Canadian Golf Association’s first orders of business in 1895 at the Ottawa Golf Club. The champion receives an exemption into next year’s RBC Canadian Open. The championship is looking for 200 volunteers.
- Click here for more information about the championship.
- Click here for the online Volunteer registration form.
- Dates: August 20-26, 2018
- Event: Boeing Classic
- Location: The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge | Snoqualmie, Wash.
- Volunteer Package ($85 fee): Two volunteer polo shirts, jacket, volunteer’s choice of a cap or visor, and a backpack; food voucher for the days worked; Two (2) weekly tickets (providing grounds access all of tournament week), a parking pass and an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party.
- More Details: The Boeing Classic has become a week that the PGA TOUR CHAMPIONS players look forward to each year and it would be impossible to sustain and improve upon such high expectations without the hard work and “can do” attitude exhibited by out volunteer base. Volunteer for the Boeing Classic and be a part of one of the most unique experiences in sports.
- Click here to register.
- For more information, visit www.boeingclassic.com or call the tournament office at (425) 965-3915.
- Dates: August 25-30, 2018
- Event: U.S. Senior Amateur Championship
- Location: Eugene Country Club | Eugene, Ore.
- Volunteer Package: (There will be no charge for the volunteer package, thanks to the generous support of Murphy Company.)
– Each volunteer will receive a volunteer package with championship-branded NIKE Golf apparel and meals while they are supporting the championship.
- More Details:Eugene Country Club, a perennial top-100 golf course, has a rich history of hosting national championships, including the 1964 U.S. Junior Amateur, 1978 NCAA Championship, 1993 U.S. Mid-Amateur, 2002 U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur, 2008 U.S. Women’s Amateur, and most recently the 2016 NCAA Championships for both men and women. This year the club hosts the U.S. Senior Amateur, with 156 of the world’s best senior amateur golfers competing. The championship will require the assistance of over 200 volunteers.
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please complete the Volunteer Application. The championship is also looking for qualified caddies, who will be paid $75 per round. If interested, please complete the Caddie Application.
Interested in posting a volunteer opportunity on this page? Please submit your name, email, and a brief description of the event below, and someone will get back to you soon.