The Pacific Northwest Golf Association (PNGA) was founded on February 4, 1899. It is a 501c3 charitable, international, amateur golf association dedicated to preserving the true spirit of golf by supporting its member associations, conducting quality championships, and promoting activities beneficial to golfers in the Pacific Northwest region of North America.
The original purpose of the PNGA was to conduct a regional amateur championship. Since 1899, the Association has been a pioneer in developing competitions and services, and its mission has grown and evolved. Today, the PNGA remains committed to being a truly “regional” organization by providing additional benefits to the membership of each Member Association.
The PNGA is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of three individuals from each Member Association, which includes the CEO or Executive Director of each respective association.
The Member Associations that comprise the PNGA are:
Combined, these Member Associations serve and provide benefits to approximately 175,000 members.
The PNGA shares a staff with Washington Golf and together they employ a full-time staff of 15, headed by a CEO/Executive Director, with offices located in Tacoma, Washington. Under the direction of the Board of Directors and in conjunction with a number of standing committees, the staff administers the day-to-day affairs of the Association.