The Web.com Tour honored six tournaments, a volunteer and a charity at the PGA Tour’s annual Tournament Meetings on Wednesday, December 2 in Miami with the unveiling of the season-ending Tournament Awards.
The Albertsons Boise Open – one of the tour’s original events dating back to 1990 – claimed the prestigious President’s Award, given annually to the Tournament of the Year.
“On behalf of the Web.com Tour, I am pleased to present the Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft & Nabisco with the 2015 President’s Award,” said Web.com Tour President Bill Calfee. “Jeff Sanders and his team have delivered one of our top events for over 25 years, and eclipsed their own lofty standards this past year on a number of successful fronts.”
As the winner of the President’s Award, the Albertsons Boise Open succeeded in putting forth a top-notch tournament in many key areas, including:
– Player and fan experience during both tournament and Pro-Am rounds.
– Sales activation within the local and national markets.
– Social media campaigns used to drive attendance and engagement.
– Charitable efforts benefitting the local community through tournament initiatives.
– Volunteer support, sponsor experience, board engagement, revenue generation, title sponsor integration, community engagement and overall event presentation.
Sanders has been the Albertsons Boise Open organizer and promoter since it began in 1990, first with his Jeff Sanders Promotions and now with Lagardere Unlimited, a global sports management company which has its events management arm (which Sanders leads) located in Beaverton, Ore. Sanders is also the promoter of the Web.com Tour’s WinCo Foods Portland Open.